Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Calling All Cars!

Friends, I don't ask you for much*, but I am asking for your support at an upcoming event. It's over a month away and I am going to be reminding you nearly every day until it happens, but please save the following date: Wednesday, May 21st.
A pal of mine from the old days of 2006, Shawn (aka Norm Jr. aka Grizzly Adams aka Sir Sleeps A Lot) and his band, The Definite Articles, are playing at the Rickshaw Stop. But wait, there's more! It is their CD release party....and rumor has it they will also be selling flash drives of their EP - never done before in the history of music!**
The Definite Articles have been compared to The Arcade Fire, Final Fantasy and Elvis among others and I would describe them as indie cello rock. I think the sound is really f*cking amazing but you can check it out for yourself here. Listen to "Sea Things" - it is just blowing me away right now. Beautiful melodies, transitions, progression, strings everywhere. Listen to it. Seriously. It may change your life.
I feel like this show is going to be one of those events where you will be able to tell your grandkids........"I was at the Definite Articles first CD release party." Of course, your grandkids will probably be like, "The Definite Articles? Oh man, that's OLD PEOPLE MUSIC". But, hey, screw them. I mean, what did those stupid grandkids ever do for you anyway..... ungrateful little sons of..............I digress.
Mark your calendars. Be there or......just be there.

* Unless you are Nathan and Sarah........whose house I have been squatting at for nearly 2 months. I ask them for quite a bit, like rides to the grocery store and for my allowance and stuff.
** Ok, I'm sure someone has probably already done it, but it seems like a pretty ingenious idea to me.

No comments: