Tuesday, February 26, 2008

South Carolina - a great place to have the flu!




Recent commercial on daytime television:
Mom: "Gosh, I would love to go on vacation, but I just don't know where to go...."
Kid #1: "Yeah, I'm tired of always going to Florida, I wish there was somewhere else we could go..."
Kid #2: "Mom, I don't feel good"
Announcer: "Tired of the same old boring vacation spot? Have you or one of your family members recently contacted the flu? Well then I have got the place just for you....... South Carolina! Enjoy king sized beds and deluxe television screens, while you sleep 14 hours a day, eat dry toast and enjoy tea, soup and as many liquids as you can possibly put in your body. Let the staff (Aunt Pam and Uncled Ed) cater to your every need and enjoy nice views of golf courses and marshy land, as you recover....just in time to leave!"

So, I didn't exactly get to enjoy much of the splendor that is South Carolina, but if I was going to get sick this was DEFINITELY the place to do it....in style. My AP and UE were awesome and put up with my ridiculousness for nearly a week. Major props to AP and UE.

I did get the royal tour of their island (by cart no less) and I can say that I am definitely not ready to retire to this lifestyle yet.... highlights of the week:
- Dinner at the country club - I wore my best "Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack outfit" and fit in so well that I thought this 65 year old lady was going to try to jump my bones. She had a major case of Andrewsitis..... and with a quick look at the competition (all old wrinkly dudes), I can understand why.
- Seeing the movie Juno in Hilton Head. Oh my gosh, if you haven't seen this movie, see it. Best movie of the year. I am in love with Ellen Page.
- Eating a delicious Peanut Butter and Oreo Blizzard.......I'm stretching here. I literally spent about 40% of my time there awake. :)

The one good thing about getting sick is that it changed my schedule and I got to see a Duke AND North Carolina basketball game! More details on that to follow. Happy Tuesday suckers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gilpos love you bro!

MCA said...

and I love gilpos....